Being suspected or accused of a criminal offence is a worrying and anxious experience.
If you have been arrested or are facing criminal charges, it is important to seek advice from a criminal defence lawyer as soon as possible – before speaking to the police – that is why our team is on call 24 hours-a-day, 365 days of the year.
- Our experienced criminal defence team handles all types of criminal cases, for both private individuals and companies, from relatively minor offences right through to the most serious of charges.
- We know that being accused of a crime is a distressing experience. No matter what crime you have been accused of, our criminal defence solicitors will leave no stone unturned in gathering evidence to support your case.
- We work with you to make sure you understand the process, encouraging you to ask questions, making sure you are clear about the options available to you and using our experience to help you to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Over the years we have built a reputation as the criminal law specialists.
- We endeavour to provide high quality, consistent advice and representation throughout the UK
Why GQS Solicitors?
- Regardless of who you are or what you have been accused of, we will never take your enquiry for granted. GQS Solicitors reputation has been built across years on proudly and robustly defending people from all walks of life charged will all types of crime.
- At the heart of what all that we do lies issues of justice and fairness. We exist to give those accused of a crime a voice, regardless of their past, their background, their status in society or the accusation levelled against them. We treat all of our clients with fairness, compassion and respect and offer genuine and sincere assistance.
- Being the subject of criminal proceedings is, without a shred of doubt, a confusing and distressing time. The weight of the world will be on your shoulders. Questions about your future, your career, your life, your children and your relationships will no doubt loom large.
- Our legal expertise is evident from our our history. What isn’t immediately obvious when instructing a criminal law firm is what experience they will offer to you.
- We don’t deal with the law and the application of legal theory. We deal with people. We deal with evidence, with facts and with stories. We know that you are different and that your case is different.
- One of the most confusing aspects of a criminal trial is the criminal process itself. The complex process can add to the feeling that the world is against you. Not only that, but the timeframes can seem excessively long and these can change, often at short notice. Being the subject of criminal proceedings can be a nightmare. At GQS Solicitors, we help our clients by providing a roadmap for the way ahead. We’ll walk you through the process and help you understand how your defence is best presented. Uncertainty and apprehension can be lightened by clear and prompt communication: we pride ourselves on the proactivity and clarity of our communication.
- In reality, a criminal trial has very little to do with the application of law and everything to do with evidence and facts. Ultimately, a criminal trial turns on how the Judge, and/or Jury interprets the information put before them. By taking the time to understand your side of the story and your evidence we’ll present it in the most compassionate way and ensure a sympathetic hearing. We’ll allow the Court to see your reliability and credibility and fight to ensure that the right outcome is reached.
- From the outset, we’ll share the burden with you. Unlike other criminal lawyers, we take the time to listen to YOUR story. This helps lighten your load and helps us get a true picture of what happened. Many convictions and thus many appeals arise a result of inadequate preparation at this stage. Our detailed forensic analysis of ALL relevant evidence, no matter how seemingly irrelevant gives you the very best chance of success.
- What we won’t do is patronise you – we won’t sugar-coat your situation, we won’t give you a false sense of security and we won’t insult you with platitudes. Criminal trials are extremely serious and the consequences and ramifications can be grave. Many trials are an exercise in damage limitation. We won’t give you false hope but rather we’ll distil your position into a series of possible outcomes and prepare you for all eventualities. We’ll explore all your options and use our years of experience to guide you.
- While it can be difficult to express the complexity of a case from the outset, we will leave you more relaxed, better informed and better prepared for what’s ahead. We’ll tell you what we can and will do – compel witnesses to appear, collect and recover evidence, for example – and help you understand the difference between law and fact.